1. The following are the full Terms and Conditions for the SMS Poker Game (the "Competition"). By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The competition is organised by Channel Four Television Corporation and its subsidiary 4 Ventures Limited both of ("Channel 4") and Million21 Ltd, Ducie House, ("Million21") together ("Promoters") and the service is provided to you by Million21.
3. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom and be at least 16 years old. You must not be an employee, an agent or a director of Channel 4, Million21 or any associated companies or subsidiaries or any advertising agency or web company connected with them or any member of any such person's family.
4. The Competition offers entrants the opportunity to participate in a weekly "King of Poker" leader-board hosted on the website www.channel4.com/poker. The winner at the end of each week will be the player that has accumulated the most points over the week based on the scoring table (see below). The entry dates and times for each weekly leader-board are also shown below. The leader-board is started afresh each Thursday morning and score totals from the previous weeks leader-board are not transferred to the new game. If players have accumulated a high score they may, in the opinion of the Promoters, be eligible for entry into the Hall of Fame.
5. If the weekly winner is not contactable within a reasonable period, or is a previous weekly winner, the Promoters reserve the right to feature the next highest player in the leader-board.
6. Technical problems or questions? We're happy to help. Contact Million21 at Million21 Ltd Ducie House, or send an email to or telephone between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
7. The charge of entry for each complete hand will be 50 pence inclusive of VAT. These charges will appear on your mobile phone bill if you have a contract account or be debited from your pre-pay account as applicable. Standard costs apply for each of the 2 x SMS messages you need to send to us in order to complete your poker hand and the additional message to post your result on the leaderboard except for T-Mobile and Virgin users where the 2 x SMS messages and the message to post your name to the leaderboard will cost 10 pence each. Charges for SMS sending will vary depending upon the tariff option you subscribe to - please contact your mobile provider if you want to know the exact amount this will cost you. All mobile phone networks can enter.
8. To play using SMS...a. To enter the Competition text the trigger word POKER to the short code 84188
b. You will be sent back a message containing 5 randomly selected cards from a standard 52-card deck.
c. Reply to the message and select the cards that you wish to hold.
d. You will then be sent back a final message showing your final hand of cards, a description of the type of hand you are holding, your position on the leader-board and your cumulative points to date.
e. If your cumulative points total means that you are a new entry in the Top100 on the leader-board you will be asked to reply with your name. The name you provide will be used to identify you on the leader-board which will be displayed on the website www.channel4.com/poker.
f. To play another hand reply "YES" to the message and you will be sent another hand of cards.
g. The aim of the game is to achieve the highest cumulative points total over the week. A players points for all hands received over the week are totalled up and stored, the top 100 players in terms of total points for the week are displayed on the www.channel4.com/poker website.
h. The player that is top of the leader-board at the end of the weekly competition may be contacted by Channel 4 to be featured on the www.channel4.com/poker website.
i. The following points are allocated for each of the named poker hands:
||Ace (A), King (K), Queen (Q), Jack (J) and Ten (T) of the same suit.
||Five cards of the same suit in sequence, such as 76543 of hearts.
|Four of a Kind
||Four cards of the same rank accompanied by a "kicker", like 44442.
||250 (bonus 100 for 4*4)
||Three cards of one rank accompanied by two of another, such as 777JJ.
||Five cards of the same suit, such as AJ942 of hearts.
||Five cards in sequence, such as 76543. The ace plays either high or low, making AKQJT and 5432A.
|Three of a Kind
||Three cards of the same rank and two kickers of different ranks, such as KKK84.
||Two cards of one rank, two cards of another rank and a kicker of a third rank, such as KK449.
||Two cards of one rank accompanied by three kickers of different ranks, such as AAK53.
||Any hand that does not qualify as one of the better hands above, such as KJ542 of mixed suits.
j. Initially a weekly leader-board will run for nine weeks. The entry dates and entry times for each of the leader-boards is shown in the table below but may be subject to change at any time. Any changes in the TV production schedule for "Late Night Poker" may result in a change to the entry dates and times. Entries by SMS messaging for each of the weekly leader-boards must reach us by the dates and times shown below...
Game Number Entry Dates & Times From/To
Leaderboard 1 Oct 11th 10.00am - Oct 17th 10.00am
Leaderboard 2 Oct 17th 10.01am - Oct 24th 10.00am
Leaderboard 3 Oct 24th 10.01am - Oct 31st 10.00am
Leaderboard 4 Oct 31st 10.01am - Nov 07th 10.00am
Leaderboard 5 Nov 07th 10.01am - Nov 14th 10.00am
Leaderboard 6 Nov 14th 10.01am - Nov 21st 10.00am
Leaderboard 7 Nov 21st 10.01am - Nov 28th 10.00am
Leaderboard 8 Nov 28th 10.01am - Dec 05th 10.00am
Leaderboard 9 Dec 05th 10.01am - Dec 12th 10.00am
Leaderboard 10 STILL PLAYING
9. A player is able to play the poker game as many times as they wish.
10. In all matters the decision of the Promoters will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. The Promoters cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries, lost or delayed entries in transmission, arising from server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
11. The winner of the weekly Competition will be contacted by Channel 4 via the mobile phone used by the player in entering the game within 5 days of the relevant leader-board closing date. The winner may be requested to make themselves available for promotion or publicity of Channel 4.
12. Participants may be asked to supply proof that they are the registered owner or authorised user of the mobile phone used to enter the Competition.
13. Queries regarding the Competition must be received within 28 days of the closing date of the final game.
14. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Competition at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on the site www.channel4.com/poker.
15. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
16. Any personal data relating to the entrants will be used by Million21 and Channel 4 solely in accordance with current data protection legislation.
17. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English Law.